The New York Times app for iPhone and iPad
Stay up to date wherever you go. Enjoy award-winning journalism with the NYTimes app for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch.
• News alerts: Get notified of major developing stories, and tailor alerts to topics of interest
• Multitasking: on an iPad? Get caught up on the day’s headlines while also working in other apps
• Morning & evening briefings: Start and end your day with a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists
• The Daily 360: Watch a new 360 video every day from Times reporters around the world
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including The Daily and Modern Love
• Save articles to read later on any of your devices
• Customize your list of favorite sections and blogs
• Exclusive videos and award-winning photography
Apple Watch Features:
• Catch up quickly by reading todays headlines.
• Receive alerts when big news breaks.
• Use Handoff to continue reading on your iPhone, or touch Save for Later to build a personal reading list.
The NYTimes app is free to download, and all users can access up to 10 free articles per month, from any section. Subscribers get full access to over 25 sections, plus unlimited access to NYTimes.com, with a Times Digital Subscription.
Subscribe now and your first week is free.*
• Digital Access - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $14.99 per month or $119.99 per year (save up to $5 per month). Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device plus one complimentary digital subscription to share for $24.99 per month. Cancel anytime.
• Times Insider members also receive access to the Times Insider blog, TimesTalks videos, TBooks, special Times crosswords and Times Archives from 1851.
Your payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month or year 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: https://www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
Questions Concerns? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 591-9233. We respond to every inquiry.
* Promotional offers for new subscribers only. Not valid for Digital Access $119.99 per year subscription option. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. NYTimes.com + Smartphone Apps, NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps and Digital Access subscriptions do not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content, or The New York Times Crossword. Prices shown are in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply.
Pros and cons of The New York Times app for iPhone and iPad
The New York Times app good for
The monthly subscription fee is modest once one takes into account the wealth of information available, and not found in any European paper.
Fantastic ive been using this application ever since its lauch... I love it It keeps me connected with Big Apple in a special way ;o)
One of the few real free apps in this category. Well designed and a lot of content, although mainly focussed on US (good if you are a North American sports fan, not good if you look for the last news in soccer or rugby championships). Worth the download.
Its very good app
but the problem is that I have not mastered French and English: I wish we could change the language in French
I am very satisfied with this newspaper. Even without subscription the essential information is available for free. Decided to go for a paid because i think that these superb journalists need to be rewarded and i have been a free rider since 1996. Now thats enough.
Their (free) top news is usually a great balanced selection of whats on.
Some bad moments
Alas, how to make a HUGE strategic error. My previous 5 star rating is now 1 star because zero is not possible. I know that journalists and staff need to be paid, but not by squeezing cash out of iPhone readers! I actually buy the times everyday (paper) from my news vendor. I do not have a subscription because you do not deliver where I live (on the same day) so why should I have to pay twice??! Get a grip, New York Times and review your strategy. iPad and Laptop subscriptions, maybe, but forcing existing readers and squinting iphoners to pay is ridiculous.
Sometimes, I wonder how people think.
Congratulation NYTimes, you just loose a bunch of readers in the world... I just hope you thought about collateral damage before taking this decision...
This newspaper is writing trash information. Therefore, I am sending the application to the trash today, because I think it is not worth the room it occupies on my Ipod Touch.
About once every couple of days, the app goes into pighead mode: it refuses to start, the black opening screen hangs there for a couple of minutes and then the app quits. Start it again and it starts fine, but all your settings (user account, starred sections etc) are wiped out. This is not acceptable, no way to treat a paying subscriber.
This application has not solved the defects seen in the previous versions:
Irresponsive at start-up during several seconds
Ads showing in the lower section of the screen even for subscribers
Ads showing before newspaper content!
If you lock your iPhone while reading an article, the application will no start back on the same article, but rather reset itself to Top News
No orientation screen lock
A major shortcoming of the app is the inability for subscribers like me to download the entire paper with one click. My IPad and Mini Ipad only have WiFi! Look at apps such as those of The Economist and El Pais as an example.
us elections 2016,
new york times,
the new york times,
new york times news,
and other. So, download free The New York Times .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually The New York Times iOS app used & searched for